|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience.|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, FSA, 401k w/ Matching.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Collections Specialist will interact with the Accounting department, Project Managers and Senior Management to develop billing and collections schedules. The successful candidate will have experience with AIA, Timberline, and Excel. Candidates must have construction and/or trades experience as well as experience preparing lien waivers.|
|Duties:||• Calls customers in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms with customer.|
• Notifies Controller and/or CFO if customer fails to respond.
• Records information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts.
• Receives payments and posts amount paid to customer account.
• Prepare payment requisitions for projects that require schedules of values and supporting schedules.
• Set up requisitions in Microsoft Excel and Timberline.
• Price and track all extras.
• Coordinate with Project Managers at inception of job to establish billing timing and procedures.
• Coordinate with Project Managers on an ongoing basis to properly assess progress billings.
• Follow-up with customer for approved percentages and revise requisitions accordingly.
• Follow-up to ensure payments are received on a timely and agreed upon basis.
• Ensure all paperwork is prepared and submitted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
|Qualifications:||Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two year college or technical school.|
Proficient with AIA Billing, Excel
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
New York State Notary highly desired but not required